- in official postal use).
* * *nouna state in New England• Instance Hypernyms: ↑American state• Part Holonyms:↑United States, ↑United States of America, ↑America, ↑the States, ↑US, ↑U.S., ↑USA, ↑U.S.A., ↑New England• Part Meronyms:↑Montpelier, ↑capital of Vermont, ↑Bennington, ↑Brattleboro, ↑Burlington, ↑Rutland, ↑Green Mountains, ↑Lake Champlain, ↑Champlain, ↑Taconic Mountains
* * *abbreviation1. vacuum tube2. variable time3. often not capitalized verb transitive4. voice tube
* * *Vermont (approved esp. for use with zip code).
* * *abbrev1. Vatu (currency of Vanuatu; also V)2. Vermont (US state; also Vt.)
* * *v.t.,transitive verb.Vt.,Vermont.VT (no periods),Vermont (with postal Zip Code).
* * *abbr. Vermont (in official postal use)
* * *abbrtransitive verb
Useful english dictionary. 2012.